Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lovin' and hatin' the high heel

Running and high heels definitely do not go together but I still have an obsession with shoes!  My new favorites just happen to be the shoes that I will be wearing for the wedding! 

My wedding shoes!
I cannot wait to slip those on under my dress and take some really cute pictures!  These shoes match my bridesmaids dresses and I am just in love with them!

My attempt at being a photographer - I am sure my wedding photog will do a much better job!

My other high heels usually only make an appearance once a week because the heels are hard on my feet after a morning run.  When I absolutely need to wear heels, I bring them into work and change when needed. 

Today I am definitely in flats after last nights running club run -

3x 1600m at tempo pace
2 x surges (30s @ Interval, 30s @ easy, 60s @ Interval, 60s @ easy, 90s @ interval, 90s @ easy)

After the 5 mile race this past weekend, I looked up my new paces on the VDOT chart.  It says my tempo pace should be 7:30min/mi.  The temps were in the mid 40s last night and my legs just wanted to run!  We ran around the loop at the local park where we practice every week - since the loop is not exactly a mile we ended up starting each repeat at a different location.

This is the loop we run on for workouts - notice the up and downhill portions! Loop = 0.75mi (1200m)

7:15 - Did I really just race on Saturday?  And I ran this pace?  This doesn't feel that bad.
7:23 - Ok those two hills were not fun, but now only one more to go!
7:19 - I love running!  This is so much fun!

I felt really good after this workout and all this running on hills has been paying off!  Today I again choose to take a rest day instead of a recovery run because tomorrow I have another "mid week" long run planned.

Has running made you give up your heels??  I refuse to give up yet!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg! i about cried and jumped for joy when i read that!!
that is exactly what i want to do!!! i love red shoes and totally want to wear them with a white wedding dress.
cannot wait to see how it all looks!

looooove ur shoes!

Anonymous said...

Nice running! I have to say, I'm not a fan of heels. I keep a pair at work for when I really need them, but I'm mostly a cute ballet flat or oxford type of gal. Or chucks - I love me my pink chucks :) Those red shoes are really cute though!

Little Miss Runshine said...

I used to wear high heels EVERY day...but i dont any more :(

http://www.littlemissrunshine.com/2011/01/pain-for-fashion.html

Amy said...

How could you NOT love those shoes!?! They will look great for your wedding!

Anonymous said...

your first statement?! sooooo not true hahah. i wear heels all the time. so i love your shoes!

Jen Feeny said...

Love the shoes and they will def make for great pics with the girls! I love, love, love looking at wedding pics where the bride chose a loud color for her shoes or accessories.

Great job on the run last night! Gotta love it when a faster pace suddenly becomes a more comfortable pace to run. Progress is a beautiful thing!

Chelsea said...

Those shoes are super cute. I almost always wear heels, but not the cute dress shoe kind- just normal shoes that give me a little extra height so I can tower over everyone at my massive 5'6" vs 5'4".

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

I love that style of heel! My heels for work are pretty short and I rarely wear them. Usually I wear my Dansko clogs (i have two styles) bc they make my feet happy even if they aren't super fashionable. :)

Suzy said...

Your shoes are amazing!!

Aron said...

LOVE the shoes!!! I definitely have a love/hate relationship with heels. I love them, my feet do not :)

Marlene said...

Way to nail the repeats!!! Sounds like it was pretty easy too!!

HOT SHOES!

The Jesse said...

i LOVE your shoes! i wore red shoes on my wedding day too :)

Lisa said...

LOVE the shoes!

Fruit Fly said...

It makes me so sad, but I did give up my heels. I see them sitting so lonely in the closet. They need love and attention. I'm just too scared to wear them and risk something happening. I've rolled my ankle before in them, and what if I did it again too close to a race? :(

Excuse me, I must go cry.



(Love those shoes though!)

Christine said...

I gave up my heels during marathon training and I'm lucky I don't have to wear them at work :) Great work out yesterday!

Anonymous said...

RED!!!! Love the pop of color! Mine are blue :)

Angie said...

Pretty shoes!!! :)

I've given up heels but only because I'm already pretty tall and I dont want to look like a freak of nature towering over people. :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh my gosh, I love your red shoes! I am a sucker for a great pair of red shoes, actually. So fun and the pop of color will be great on your wedding day!

I stopped wearing heels when I was training for my marathon because I was paranoid I would fall or trip while wearing them! Now I am back to wearing them and love them. I usually don't wear much of a heel, but a little bit of a heel makes me feel more confident - and sexy!

Nicole said...

samsies!!! :) love the shoes-- will be ordering soon :)

Tracy Simmons said...

I don't wear heels very often, but I could never give them up completely :)

Beth said...

Nice workout.

I LOVE those shoes!! So much fun.

Anonymous said...

Great shoes! I wear heels sparingly and always pay for it the next day with tight calves.

Laura said...

I still wear heels a decent amount without problems. However, I've also started building up a really cute collection of flats (mostly ballet-style) that I'm subbing in for work a LOT more lately than I used to, just so that it encourages me to walk more. When I wear heels, I'm more likely to just hop in a cab to work straight from my hotel instead of walking part of the way like I make an effort to do when I'm wearing flats. However, I REFUSE to be one of those dorky-looking women who wears sneakers to work with their dress clothes :) Flats are a good compromise.

Runner Leana said...

Yes that's me! I'm Miss Gazelle!! Love the red wedding shoes you picked out. Those are awesome! How goes the rest of your wedding planning?