Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Recap

March was a GREAT month!  I turned 25 and I ran my most miles ever!  I am sad to see it go but I am so ready for April and Spring!


Average Temp: 42F/5.5C

Miles run: 136.7 miles - My highest mileage month EVER!

Rest days taken: 10 days

Highest mileage week: 33.95 miles - My highest weekly mileage EVER!

Average pace: 8:21min/mile

Races: Johnny's Running of the Green 5 miler

Current Obsessions: My foam roller!  My legs have been needing some extra stretching and rolling in order to get them feeling good after all the hard workouts!

Current Blessings: New friends and an amazing husband-to-be!


Current Excitement: My 15k race this coming Sunday!!  I will be using it as a training run but I am still excited to run with some of my friends from running club!


Current Read: Still on The Postmistress by Sarah Blake - it has been a slow month for reading. 

Current Guilty Pleasure: Cupcakes!  After a long week I may need some more cupcakes after work!


Let's hope that April brings some warmer weather and no more snow!

23 comments:

Felice Devine said...

Great, great month!
Good luck in the 15k!

Christine said...

Very impressive!!! You are doing soo well!!! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a successful month of training! Good luck and have fun this weekend!

Anonymous said...

i love your month. can i steal it for april?! adorable pic of you and the hubby to be!

Nicole said...

Congrats on a monthly mileage pr! ROCKSTAR!

Rachel said...

I love that you posted how many rest days you took, a great reminder that rest makes a difference!

Katie said...

Sounds like you had a great month! I love the foam roller too! Happy belated birthday!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Nice work on the mileage! It's fun to make a new record - I remember that feeling when I was traning for the marathon!

March was a great month for you! Good luck w/ your upcoming 15k - I am sure you'll do great!

Johann said...

Good month, well done! All the best with the 15km, have fun!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on such a great month! And yay for your highest mileage ever. That is so exciting!! I remember the first (and only) time I broke 100 in a month. It was such an amazing accomplishing feeling. Way to go girly!!! And here's to April - hope it's even MORE awesome!!

Anonymous said...

great month! Bring on APRIL!

Anonymous said...

great month! Bring on APRIL!

Unknown said...

What a great month! Bring on April :-)

Unknown said...

haha I just realised I pretty much copied the above comment... subliminal perhaps...?

Amy said...

Awesome month! Good luck with the 15K!

Jeri said...

Awesome monster mileage month! Heck ya! :) I need to get a foam roller asap.

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

I love my foam roller to. Just need to make sure I'm using it after every run! My legs need it badly. Have fun at the 15k! I love that distance.

Aron said...

Awesome job on March!!

Rebecca said...

Yay, great post! And awesome mileage for the month... Can't wait for the 15K tomorrow!

Little Miss Runshine said...

I am in love with my foam roller too!!
LOVE running clubs!!!!!

Suzy said...

You had a wonderful March!!! I hope your 15K went well this morning.

Marlene said...

Congrats on a great month and a new mileage record!! Your training is going sooo well!

MMM I <3 cupcakes. ;)

Kim said...

Yum cupcakes!!!

March was an awesome month! Congrats on your high mileage week and month. Schweet!!!!