Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Quick Update!

Yesterdays sunset = 4:58pm therefore we were running in the dark for the end of the track workout as the sun had set and my silly school doesn't have any lights on the track. Seriously I could run the college better than the people in charge here!!

After a rough day at work it was nice to just get out and run and the weather was perfect. Abby and I ran the 400 repeats together again and we went out too fast.

81, 78, 83, 85, 80, and 86 seconds. We were supposed to do 7x400m this week but we were feeling it on the last one so we opted out of it. The girls cross country team was there doing repeats as well (8x400m at 82 second pace with 95 seconds rest - INSANE!!!) so Abby and I were feeling the pressure to run fast. Those first two repeats killed us and then on the 5th one we ran with the XC team and it hurt bad. The good thing is that we can see that there is improvement in our times.

I am heading home tonight to vote and so I went to the gym with my roommate this morning. My legs were dead and so I only did 2 miles on the treadmill then lifted. We are once again maxing out this week on the bench press and I can tell that I am stronger. After running 13.14 miles in 3 days (Sun, Mon, Tues) I definitely will need the next 24 hours of rest.

October Mileage - 75.48 (slight drop off from previous months)

10 comments:

Aron said...

nice job on the repeats :) you are speeeeeedy!

No Longer Using said...

Wow!!! Great workouts. Awesome you are really pushing the times on your repeats, wow. and also so great that you feel stronger, too. Nice to have some measures. I always forget how much I hate how dark it gets so early... It's funny how that works b/c it's for more than half of the year but it always seems to catch me by surprise... boo!

Julianne said...

75 miles is really great! Considering you don't do the long distances (at any one time). You sure do run a lot! ;-)

Melanie said...

But still! 75 miles in a month is no walk in the park. Awesome!

tfh said...

Those x-country runners are superfast! Unbelievable, though, that you don't have lights on the track. Oh, well. Maybe it will inspire you to run faster in order to finish before dark?

shannon said...

Re: the lights-- its called not having a football team! you know I never thought about it but maybe thats something to bring to Dr. Mary Beth Cooper's attention. I love her. Is she still there?

Marcy said...

Do you live close by school? I remember needing an absentee ballot while in college during the Bush/Gore election *sigh*

N.D. said...

I felt the same way about our stupid voting place. (that I could run it).

Good job on the repeats and runs the last few days. Rest those legs!

Marci said...

Great job with your track repeats!

The Laminator said...

Holy cow, 75 miles...and it's considered a low month? I just finished a marathon and my peak month never budged above 50...wow, congrats on that!