Thursday, November 20, 2008

TIART: Giving Thanks

Today's theme at Runners' Lounge for Take it and Run Thursday is why we are thankful for running!
  • I am thankful for running because without it I would be a complete mess mentally, emotionally and physically!
  • I am thankful for running because it brought me closer to my best friend Winkly.
  • I am thankful that after 13 years of being involved in soccer, basketball and track I am still able to run and have had no major injuries.
  • I am thankful for all the support from everyone who reads this blog.
I went to practice yesterday and as soon as I started running I had this horrible pain in my lower abdomen. I still ran the 200m repeats and a short cool down but then called it quits and headed home to lay on the couch. After running I felt slightly better but I can still feel a dull pain this morning. So I am taking today off from all exercise and hopefully all my internal stuff will work itself out. I am also leaving work early (as this is my second to last day) and heading home to curl up for a nap.

Last night I talked to B-Rabbit about the pressures of sprinting (since he is a sprinter in swimming). It is hard for me to get used to the fact that I need to train differently than I am used to. I feel extreme pressure to preform because I am the oldest girl on the team as well as the fact that this is my only chance to participate in Track.

My plan for the next week will include lots of long relaxing runs as well as the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. I think that the rest and relaxation is exactly what I need. Plus I will be heading to the doctor for a little checkup and blood work to make sure that I am not deficient in any vitamins or nutrients. I eat small meals with protein and carbs every 2 to 3 hours but maybe I am missing something?? Not sure.

One more thing - A few of you may remember me mentioning the Alphabet Dates that B-Rabbit and I go on. It is my turn once again and we are on to the "C" date which will be this Saturday and I am pretty excited about it!

Happy Thursday!

12 comments:

No Longer Using said...

YES! i didn't even think to put this in my post today, but your post made me think of it so i'm gonna add a special P.S. here :) I AM SO THANKFUL THAT AFTER ACL SURGERY i can run and run and start running further and FORGET COMPLETELY that i ever tore my ACL and had surgery. amazing. thanks for the thankful reminder :)

Marcy said...

(((HUGS))) I'm sorry you aren't feeling on the up. Hopefully you'll feel better soon!

Unknown said...

I love the fact of getting the support of others that read my running blog also.

raulgonemobile said...

I like the alphabet dates idea.. I may have to float that one to my wife.

I wound up struggling through my workout last night and cut it short.. stuff like that happens sometimes. At least you're out there and doing it.

Aron said...

hope you feel better!!!

those are some great things to be thankful for :)

and i still LOVE your alphabet dates!!! i might have to suggest this :)

Julianne said...

Yikes, abdomen pain! Those are the worst!! Hope you feel better after a day of rest today. I think alphabet dates are such a cute idea!! I might have to steal it for me and Duane. ;-)

Chic Runner said...

Sorry you are feeling a little down, sprinting is super hard work!

I agree with you on the thankful things. I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm super thankful!:)

Chic Runner said...

ha ha! totally not weird about wearing it inside. it's so fun and cute... you would love it!

Nicole said...

Feel Better girl!!!

I love your list of thankful-ness :)

Alphabet dates are a really neat idea, i might have to steal that one from ya ;)

X-Country2 said...

Enjoy your relaxing runs and Turkey Trot. You'll come back better than ever next week! :o)

Marlene said...

Great post - I totally agree.

I have so much respect for you sprinters. You rock!

Hope you feel better and that the appt goes well.

I am totally behind on your blog (sorry!) - time to catch up. :)

Have a great weekend.

N.D. said...

Oh that sounds fun, I forget reading about the dates, what will the C date entail? Running is great - I agree with all of your positive great things about running!