Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunny Sunday

I woke up this morning at 830am and was happy to have the extra hour from day-light savings time! I didn't run yesterday - it was cold and gross out but I couldn't just lie around again today. It was a cold crisp morning (39 degrees!) but I pulled on the spandex and under armour along with my gloves and headed out. I mapped out the mileage before hand and was going to do an out and back (out 3.6 miles). Well when I got to the turnaround I looked at my time and I was pretty sure that the one way mileage was more like 4 miles. When I got home I re-mapped it and sure enough it was 3.94 miles! Making my full run about 7.9 miles.

It felt really good to get out there and run the distance again. I had knee pain again but only for the last mile or so and it wasn't anything significant to worry about; probably just that my knees not used to the distance. The sun was out, it was a beautiful run. The only weird thing was that about 1.5 miles in my shoulder started to ache. I have gotten this pain before and usually it goes away because I just ignore it but it sure is annoying!!

The reason I felt ok skipping the run yesterday and doing it today was that at Fridays practice my legs felt tired. We didn't do much but they felt beat up so I decided they needed to rest. I think it was well worth it.

7.9 miles in 1:05:06 (8:14 pace)

Two other things - I finished my book! I will be posting the review tomorrow! And I made a home-made apple pie yesterday. B-Rabbit had never had one so I also made it for him, and now he says he loves apple pie!!

Enjoy the day! I can't wait to read all the NYC Marathon race reports!!

8 comments:

D10 said...

Nice job on the run. I've heard that if you get shoulder pain it can be a sign that you need more water. I never really researched it, but there could be some truth to it.

Glad B rabbit liked the apple pie.

Blyfinn said...

Nice for what seemed like just a get up and go. An impromptu 8 miler is always good.

Marcy said...

Dang you are one speedy speedy chick! ;-) Very nice run! Gotta love this weather, eh? Not really. LOL

shannon said...

nice! is there snow up there yet? I remember the first time I ever ran the loop I was so proud of myself. There was snow and ice on the ground, I'll never forget how great I felt after that freeezzing run. But.. I never did it again.. lol.

And yes, my two friends I'm planning on running the marathon with were my roommates in college! UC 221! Best year of college ever.

*Nicole* said...

Awesome RUN! Thats a sweet time! Speedy is right!

Marci said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'll add yours to my ticker when I update my list. I love your icon BTW (total shoe freak here!) Mmmm Apple that makes me hungry!

N.D. said...

Great job on the run, I love it when it is more than you think!! The apple pie sounds yummy, perfect timing for it!

*aron* said...

awesome job on the run!!