Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Snow Running

Since I am on vacation this week I have gotten in a very lazy mood. I was supposed to do my sprint workout yesterday but decided that my legs needed a rest. Yesterday it was almost 40 degrees out with sun and no snow. This morning I woke up at 7am to get a head start and get to the track but it was blizzarding out!! I put off my running until 9am then finally headed down to the track with my mom.

Of course the track still had about an inch of snow on it but I was already dressed in all my gear and so I decided to just get it over with. I ran 3 laps warm up then did 3 laps of running/sprinting the straightaways and jogging the curves. My legs felt pretty good and I continued on with 4x400m. These 400s were SO slow! Although I had done 6 laps on the track already there was still alot of snow and where I had run my footprints were turning into mushy prints. So it was hard and I tried to run where there weren't already footprints so that I could get a little traction. I now know that I hate running in the snow!! I feel ready for the Turkey Trot tomorrow so I am hoping to finish under 34 minutes which would be at my slowest a 7:45 min/mile pace.

In other news, I have been Suzy homemaker here. I just finished crocheting a scarf and I am about to start another one for Christmas gifts and I also made two cross-stitch ornaments! I have been known to be crafty but this is crazy!! I am on a roll! My reading per day is now suffering due to my craftiness but I am reading Dean's 50/50 book FINALLY and it really good!

Anyway - Good luck to everyone running in races tomorrow! Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

tfh said...

Have a great Thanksgiving and good luck in the Turkey Trot. It can't be as bad as running on that snowy track!

Oh, how I wish I were crafty...

N.D. said...

Whoa, nice job with the scarves there - that's great!!! You got your workout in and even if it wasn't your super speedy self, you did it! Enjoy the time at home Martha Stewart!

Marlene said...

Way to hit the track even in the snow! Good luck on the 'Trot and Happy Thanksgiving!

Nicole said...

Lazyness has overcome me this week too... im not sure what the deal is but i need to get back in the swing of things. i cant wait to hear your results with the turkey trot! happy Turkey day!

X-Country2 said...

Way to get out there and knock out that workout. Good luck with your run!

Unknown said...

Dean's book is awesome! So inspiring!

Izzy said...

WOW -- I guess I have no excuse to wimp out when it's only 50 degrees!