Monday, November 10, 2008

Slacker

I did not run this weekend and I liked it!

After six days in a row of running and not preforming up to my expectations in the time trials I assumed that I needed a rest (both Saturday and Sunday). Today I am back at it with practice - INDOORS! First time all season we have to run the 400m repeats on the indoor track (that means twice as many laps since its a 200m track instead of 400m like the outdoor one).

Goals: I will be running 7x400m today - no excuses! And I will be running negative splits!!

The Baton

I am trying to think happy thoughts and not complain about it being Monday and being at work...its not working very well. I did not have coffee this morning....

13 comments:

No Longer Using said...

Sometimes just getting some fresh air is as good as coffee for me. Can you leave your office for a 5-10 min walk sometime to stretch your legs/mind?

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the 400s!!

Marcy said...

Go get that 7x400!!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the 400's. That can be a tough workout and even harder with the negative split goal. I have faith in ya.

Aron said...

you definitely deserved a weekend off!!! good luck on your runs tonight :)

tfh said...

The best runs always come after a few days rest and a coffee. Ah, well, one out of two isn't bad! You'll be great today.

Chic Runner said...

Good luck with the 400s. Your practices make me miss being on a team! :) enjoy it!

N.D. said...

I'm glad that you got to rest this weekend and it was good!

Anonymous said...

Hope the 400's went well. Sounds like a nice short break was what you needed.

Nicole said...

That baton is sweet!

X-Country2 said...

400s are the worst. Good luck!

Julianne said...

Wow, how do you run so much??? You totally deserved a weekend off. And I really hope you get those negative split times. If anyone can, it's YOU!! Good luck!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

I shouldn't say it, but I'm going to. The baton makes me think of the US Track Team at the Olympics. Just don't take their lead because it was atrocious. Hand off=highly important. Apparently no one ever told them that. ;) Good luck!