Monday, November 24, 2008

Winter Run

Well it sure is cold outside and I have gotten my dose of fresh air the past two days. I am now home for Thanksgiving and ran outside yesterday for 5.6 miles and today for 4.37 miles. I didn't time it yesterday but brought my watch today. I felt really really slow and my legs just felt tight and tired but somehow I ended up with a 7:14 min/mile pace. I am not sure how that happen....I am totally not used to hills and so the hills here at my house were TOUGH!!

Tomorrow I plan to get some 400m repeats in at the track and then take off Wednesday to rest up for the Turkey Trot on Thursday! The pain in my foot was sort of there during yesterdays run but I am not sure if my foot was just cold or if it was actual pain. Today it didn't hurt at all so I am assuming that it was just from running on the treadmill.

I am headed to the doctors soon to get blood work and talk to him about my training and effects on my body. Tomorrow I am going to pick up my packet for the race and also look at spikes for track!

Sorry for the sporadic topic post - I am trying to do way too many things at one time right now!! Happy Running!

12 comments:

Julianne said...

Hope your doctor visit goes well!!! And great job running this past weekend! That is some speedy pace that you were running!

Brad Braden said...

I love running tough hills.. well I love it when its over, at the time, not so much..

having a bit of trouble here to run outside with the snow starting to come down..

cheers

Aron said...

great job on the cold runs!!!! have a great thanksgiving :)

Run Mommy said...

Good luck! I am a little jealous of all the American bloggers having a nice holiday this week...oh well, Christmas is around the corner. Good luck at the doctors!

Marlene said...

Nice job on the speedy run! Have a great Thanksgiving week and here's hoping your foot is okay.

Nikemom said...

Good luck on your Turkey Run and have a great Thanksgiving! :D

Nicole said...

Such a speed racer you are! Good luck with the turkey trot

N.D. said...

Enjoy being home and your runs in a different place!!! :) Good luck at the doc and happy thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well at the doctors. Glad the foot seems to be doing ok. Great runs.

Have fun at teh Turkey Trot!

X-Country2 said...

What a great run! Stay warm.

The Laminator said...

Have fun with your doctors visit and your Turkey Trot!

Joe said...

It's tough getting those runs in while out of the normal routine, so good job to ya.

Have fun at the Turkey Trot!

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com