Friday, November 14, 2008

Run, Bike, Lift

Thank goodness it's Friday!

For my workout yesterday I had planned to run my regular 3 mile loop and try for about a 7:45 pace. I got a text from my teammate, Alison asking if I wanted to meet her to spin and lift. I left work, changed my clothes and headed right out for the run which I ended up doing at a 7:30 pace but it felt good cause the weather was nice.

I got back to my apartment and changed my clothes then walked to meet Alison at the gym and we spun on the bikes for a bit - this is the first time I ever did this and I should have brought a book or something cause it gets kind of boring but it was a good cool down. I think B-Rabbit and I are going to the gym Sunday to bike so I will be sure to bring a magazine or book to keep me company!! After spinning we lifted and I can definitely feel it today added on from the soreness I already felt from lifting Tuesday!

Today is supposed to be really nice out so it will be a nice practice but most of the team has gone home for break - Abby said she would be there so I will have a running buddy. I am taking Saturday off and spending some time with my mom! Have a good weekend!

12 comments:

No Longer Using said...

way to go!! i think spinning is what you make it... i have been to classes where i literally feel like i'm going to die, and then sometimes i'll just bike on my own/read a magazine to xc and work just hard enough for 30 min. i like being able to bike + read, too, it's a nice change of pace.

Marcy said...

Very nice 3 miler!

Have a great weekend!

K said...

Wow. I'm very impressed! Good job.

Aron said...

wow you got it all in yesterday didnt you?!? have a GREAT weekend!

tfh said...

Hope the weather stays nice for the weekend-- have fun spending some time with your mom!

Chic Runner said...

Ugh Spinning! I hate it! It's sooo hard for me for some reason! :)
Have a fun practice and your comment was SO funny about the treadmill. I dream I will fall and my face will go into the treadmill and be forever ruined. Wow. I dream big. ha ha.

Unknown said...

Great job on the fast miles! Have a great weekend!

N.D. said...

Good workout!! nice pace on the run!!! Spinning would bore me too. The soreness after lifting always feels good :) it means you worked those muscles!

Anonymous said...

Super fast times on the 3. Well done. Hope you have a great weekend.

Kay Wink North said...

Hi Jo! I just started my blog, FINALLY!!!! It's called Grasshopper's Trails, and i think thats my url address. Yay!

Frayed Laces said...

Oh I used to love my spinning class!

Nicole said...

Nice 3 miler! I have only 'spun' once and i was bored to tears!