Monday, April 4, 2011

Half Marathon - Week 8

Monday - Easy
3 miles/27:00/ 9:00 pace

After two long hard runs over the weekend, I did not feel like getting up this morning.  My legs were cranky and my covers were warm so I stayed in bed.  I packed my bag for a lunch run and headed to work.  It was a gorgeous day when I stepped outside at lunch and had a very nice 3 miles before heading back in to work the rest of the afternoon.  I think I am getting the hang of this whole running easy at lunch and minimally sweating!

Tuesday - Interval
6.1 miles/49:13/8:05 pace

This week at running club we spiced things up with a little interval paced running!

4x1000m at Interval pace (~6:58min/mile or 4:19/1000m)

4:20, 4:15, 4:12, 4:09

I finished this workout feeling like I could do a fifth 1000m which according to the latest Runners' World is the best way to end a tough workout!



Wednesday - Off

Enjoyed my day off from running with a little ice cream sundae!



Thursday - Tempo
7.8 miles/1:05:12/8:22

Another Thursday workout with the running club.  This week the workout was at half marathon pace which actually felt a little slow compared to the paces we had been running.

2x 2mi at Half marathon
First 2mi = 15:39 (7:50 pace)
Second 2mi = 15:30 (7:46 pace)

Friday - Off


Saturday - Easy
3 miles/26:37/8:53

A quick run before jetting off to a baby shower.

Sunday - 15k Race!
9.3 miles/1:12:23/7:46 pace +2.12 miles WU and CD



Total week 8 mileage: 31.32 mi

15 comments:

Christine said...

Great running week! I wish I could do the non-sweating lunch run. Somehow this doesn't work for me...

Coy Martinez said...

Great post! I remember seeing that same thing in Runners World. I always need a reminder that enough is enough.

Anonymous said...

that's exactly how i try to train with my intervals and tempos! usually i try to exhaust myself even though i know i shouldn't!

Little Miss Runshine said...

Great week and race!!!

That is a good rule too, better safe than sorry!

Amy said...

It doesn't matter how slow I run, I always sweat :P Great job on a great week!

Amy said...

It doesn't matter how slow I run, I always sweat :P Great job on a great week!

Dr. said...

Girl, you are awesome. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! That looked like a successful running week to me!

Marlene said...

Nice job on all the miles - that's more than 15K! Some great workouts including a big race. Definite success!

Thanks for sharing that little tidbit from RW. Have not heard that before and it makes sense.

Molly said...

what a great week! Read your race recap, was that the Mendon Ponds run? Congrats!!!

Joanne said...

Super week! Great numbers and congrats on the race. Terrific job!

Anonymous said...

Nice work last week and great race! I'm not all the way through this month's Runner's World but love that tip! And your sundae looks amazing

Kim said...

Great week!

My HM pace has been feeling slow too... which I think is a GOOD thing! :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Another great week for you! Way to go on the 15k - your pace was awesome!! You are so speedy, lady!

Bethany + Ryan said...

Hi J! Mmm that ice cream looks good!! Yes, I am an American Sign Language interpreter! It's the best job ever!!

Laura said...

Another great week and good words of advice..I guess I feel like this except on our Sunday long runs. I just want/need them to be over by the end!