Thursday, April 21, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. Wednesday I did another lunch run because it is really hard to get up at 5am and run after a hard workout Tuesday night.  I took a "before run" and "after run" picture - Can you tell which one is which??

Picture A or Picture B???

2. The half marathon is getting close - Just 10 more days! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone.  This week I had my final tough run on Tuesday and now all that remains are a few easy runs with some half marathon pace thrown in which I did this morning.

20 min at easy + 20 min at HMP + 20ish min at easy

I just happened to pick the most hilly and windy route possible which made the run even tougher.  Running paced workouts in the morning when the temperature is 37F is not easy.  I was cursing the hills and wind the whole 7.6 miles!

3. Congrats to everyone who ran Boston on Monday!!  I was finally able to watch some coverage of the race last night - did anyone see Kim Smith's form?? 


Happy almost Friday and Happy Easter!

15 comments:

Linda said...

Picture A because you're smiling?

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

I'm guessing A is the after. Ponytail seems a bit tighter at the sides possibly from a little sweaty sweat. Nice work on the lunch run! I love getting those in.

Kellie said...

I'm going with picture A as the after pic too. You look so much happier! I love lunch runs, but it's getting a little too hot here for them to be managable - I'd still be sweating after a cold shower!

Coy Martinez said...

Picture on the left is after the run!? You seem to be smiling more like you accomplished something!

I wanna be like Kim in the pic with both my feet mid air!

Anonymous said...

after run = smiling photo, right?

Kim Smith was awesome - I feel so bad that she got injured during the race.

Mary Nevin said...

Good Luck in the half marathon!! I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm a new follower and I adore your blog! I'm just getting into running and voices like yours are oh so inspirational for me!! Happy Thursday!!

Serenity and Style

Angie said...

I will vote for picture A is the post workout one. Although to be honest I have not clue. :)

Laura said...

I say A as well...but my lord..there is no way I could look that good after any kind of run. My hubs and I also talked about her form....awkward...

Anonymous said...

no clue on the picture. at first i was thinking that the less smiley one was post-workout, mostly because the idea of running at the moment is heinous to me. and then i remembered that some people actually do smile after workouts haha!

TEN DAYS!

Molly said...

You clean up nice! I can't tell, but everyone else says A, so that's my guess too!

wow, your half came up fast, and congrats on being the first female finisher in your 5k!!!

Happy Easter :)

Amy said...

Wow, I can hardly tell, but since you're smiling in photo A, I would guess that's post-run!

Happy Easter!

Marlene said...

I was also going to say Picture A because you're smiling, but I really can't tell the difference otherwise! Well done.

Your big race is so close! You've been training so hard and having some really good runs. I can't wait to see how you do!!!

Unknown said...

So jealous, you can't tell the difference! I instantly morph into a sweaty tomato after a few steps!!

Anonymous said...

You are going to kill the half! No questions about it :)

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at how you look the same before & after your run! I aspire to that :)