Monday, June 8, 2009

Florida!!

Well I am back in Florida...twice in one year is awesome, and this time it is hot! I have been living in tank tops and shorts which is aweeeesome!

I have been here since Saturday afternoon and I am loving it. The humidity is pretty high (like 95%!!) but I have been running!

This morning I ran on the beach with B-Rabbit and it was super tough! The sand wasn't firmly packed in some places and its not totally flat so I kept slipping. We went out about 1.5 miles and then came back and it took us 30 minutes round trip.

My hair has been a frizztastic mess thanks to the heat and humidity. I have been using a new product I bought, Pantene's Humidity Protection. It actually works pretty well and my hair hasn't been too out of control! Anyway, I am off to the beach now to get some sun! Happy Monday!


The walkway to the beach!

17 comments:

carpeviam said...

Running in the sand is tough! It works completely different muscles.

Good job!

I Run for Fun said...

That is tough, but a great workout. Have a lovely time at the beach!

Heather C said...

oooh I love that photo lady! def a good workout to run on the sand, add in the humidity and whewww. thats rough! glad you're having fun!

Marlene said...

Do you know how cruel it is to post a picture of a gorgeous beach while we're at work on a Monday morning?! Just kidding, J! You totally deserve this little vay-cay. Enjoy!

(And running on the sand is impossible!)

Jamie said...

Oh man I want to be on a beach somewhere after seeing that pic! Great job running in the sand, that is no easy feat. Have fun!

Amy said...

Ohhhhhh the beach. JEALOUS.

Have an awesome time!!! :)

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

I love the beach, though I haven't run in the sand. I worry I'll hurt myself!

Hope you continue having a great time!

No Longer Using said...

oh wow i am so jealous!!!! that picture looks amazing, is it a pretty private beach? kudos for running on the beach! you should try for a sunrise or sunset run one of the days/nights!! i bet that would be awesome. you are gonna be TANNNN! :)

X-Country2 said...

Awww, I want to be on the beach. Enjoy it for me!

tfh said...

Mmm...sounds like a great time. But running in the humidity is tough enough without adding in the sand! What a great workout.

Kim said...

Have a fantabulous time! Don't worry about that hair-throw it back in a ponytail or put it in a hat. Enjoy!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Ah, the beach and relaxation...sounds fabulous. Enjoy!

Nicole said...

Sounds amazing! Enjoy the rest of your vacation and be careful running on the uneven sand! :) Get all nice and tan too!!!

Natalie D said...

sounds like fun - enjoy! In Pa, it is hot, nasty and humid.

Unknown said...

I want to run on the beach!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

95% WOWZERS!! I would melt and sweat to death.. That photo is great makes me want to relax with my feet in the sand and a Corona in my hand. Have a safe trip..

Glenn Jones said...

Glad you're having fun! I ran on the sand a couple of weeks ago and was shocked at how much harder it was! Whew!