Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Literary Wednesday!

I think this is the third week that I have been doing Literary Wednesday, thanks to the TFH for the genius idea! This weeks book I am currently reading so I am not sure if the whole book is good, but its good so far. This book was made into the movie "Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg (Love him!!). I recently have been watching movies and in the beginning during the opening credits there will be a little portion that reads:

"Based on a book by...."

and so since I happen to like the movie, I then go and look up the book! This seems to be my new fetish because if I liked the movie then wont the book be even better? Logically!! So this week I am recommending Point of Impact By Stephen Hunter or any other book that happened to inspire a good movie for that matter!!

Now I have a question for all of you. As I mentioned before I am heading to Florida for vacation on Saturday and I want to bring along some books to read on the beach! Please comment and leave your ideas for some good books to read!

Yesterday was my tempo run and it was sucky. I think something is up with the way I breathe when I run because I keep getting a cramp under my right lung when I get to about 3 miles on a tempo (or race) run. It is extremely painful and yesterday I had to stop - it feels like I can't even breathe!

After the run I went with my mom for pedicures! I haven't had one since last summer when I went to a wedding! Now my feet look pretty and not so ugly from track running! I always go to the same place and the ladies there are so funny and nice to talk to! It was a nice mother-daughter bonding!

From our toes do we look like we are related?? My mom got the french pedicure and I got the pinky/red toes!

15 comments:

Marlene said...

Sorry to hear about the sucky tempo run. I wonder what's going on with your breathing?

Cute pedis!

No Longer Using said...

yay! i had a pedicure w/ my mom too! i LOVE mark wahlberg... have you seen the departed? i wish he was in it more. what else is a good movie with him?? love him!

Nicole said...

I love pedis! I had one last week! They are AMAZING! I'm going to treat myself to one once a month while marathon training! woot!

Books... hmm.. i'm a huge Nora robers fan. I love the trashy romance love novels. Yep. Call me crazy but its a good read. I jusut got her newest book (i think) out called Vision in White. My mom just finished and i plan to start soon, but she said it was AMAZING! :)

Happy Wednesday!

I Run for Fun said...

Enjoy your vacation! I love prepping for vacations...that's when the vacation really starts. Have you watched Angels & Demons? Looks like everyone is watching/reading it now!

And I love Barbara Kingsolver's Bean Trees and Pigs in Heaven.

tfh said...

I'm always embarrassed to get a pedi because my feet are so beat-up. I'm glad you got a chance to do it!

I also always enjoy debating whether the book or movie version of something is better-- I just got the book that Slumdog Millionaire is based on and I'm hoping that will be better than the film. :)

Unknown said...

I think I will past on the toe nail painting with my mom.

{will run for margaritas} said...

Just found your blog - and I'm excited to start reading. I'm also an ex-college athlete (track) - what sport did you do?

I love chick lit - "Bergdorf Blondes" is a hilarious book - and great for the beach

http://willrunformargaritas.blogspot.com/

X-Country2 said...

Cute toes! Pedis are a waste of time for me since my feet are a total lost cause, but I love sitting in the message chair. I could do that all day. :o)

Being Robinson said...

YAY for pedicures. I'm way behind on reading than almost everyone else. I'm just now on Eat, Pray, Love and am getting ready to start the second book in the Twilight series. But they are good, so that's all I have to offer there!

Heather C said...

yesss Pedis are so fun!! especially for our poor runner feet. haha.

GREAT beach read - Are you there Vodka? It's me, Chelsea; by Chelsea Handler. It's totally a mindless read, and it's Hilarious!!! :) also, pretty much anything by Jodi Piccoult - Nineteen Minutes, The Plain Truth and Change of Heart are my faves.

teacherwoman said...

Nice pedicures... even though I don't like feet! LOL.

Jamie said...

I'm embarrassed my feet but I love pedis anyways! I too enjoy reading books movies are based on. Book is always better ;)

I loved American Wife but not much of an easy beach read. I also really enjoyed My Life on the Run. Got me pumped to run!

J.J. said...

I will so have to get back to you about the books to read...I am trying to get finished with my copy of Angels & Demons that I have had for 3 years!!! I want to get it read before I see the movie.

Cute toes!

Marcy said...

What about a trashy romance novel with Fabio on the cover? I mean what more can you ask for but the beach and some bad books ;-)

Glenn Jones said...

Enjoy vacation! Not to rub it in, but isn't this your last hurrah before joining the working world? (Ha ha). Have fun!