Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Flat land

Today started off with another gorgeous but humid run!

The land is pretty flat here in Florida so I can't really complain. Let me do a quick recap of my latest runs.

Last Friday I did 7 miles...B-rabbit rode his bike along side me for a 3.5 mile out and back. It was really nice to have him there, this is the first time we have ran/biked together and I hope we can do it again. I averaged a 8:15 min/mile pace which I was happy about since the course was mainly flat.

Fast forward to today and my lovely Tuesday Tempo run. If twas 6:45am and I was on the road, the humidity didn't bother me too much and I was enjoying being out there. I think I was going at a good pace but I can't really be sure right now. I am looking at gmaps-pedometer and I can't really tell/I can't really remember where I stopped so I will have to drive the car on my route! Maybe I need a garmin or something similar??!!


Also, I should have done this a while ago, but I got distracted. Heather at Trials of Training gave this Lovely blog award to me and I couldn't be more honored. She is a really great girl and I enjoy reading all her posts.

The instructions with this award are easy - Post the award and link some new blogs that you have started reading!

JerBear Shares - She is just starting to run in the mornings and I really admire her determination! I really enjoy reading about her adventures!

I'd rather Be laughing
- This woman really inspires me. She is a mother and a runner and her posts are always insightful!


I wont post any more lovely beach pictures for now...Maybe for Photo Friday!! Happy Tuesday all!

20 comments:

tfh said...

That's a great seven miler! And thanks for introducing me to two new blogs. :)

J.J. said...

Wow - you are too kind!!!

It is quite humid here in FL :)

WTG on your 7 miles, great time. I would soooo love a garmin!

Marlene said...

You need to get yourself a Garmin!

Great 7-miler. Must have been nice to have the company!

Glenn Jones said...

Thaks for some more great blogs to read! Sounds like you are having a great time!

Jeri said...

Aww thanks for the sweet award! :) And more importantly thanks for the extra support/advice with the morning running. I can't wait until I'm out of the "transition mode" and can officially call myself a morning runner also! :D

Aron said...

great job on the runs!!! humidity kills me, but glad you are getting used to it and enjoy the beach too :)

No Longer Using said...

hehee i think we both need a garmin!!!! lemme know if you find a good deal :) sounds like you had a great tempo run!!! what matters is feel, right? that is def where i go wrong. i had a TERRIBLE tempo run, i mean i went fast, but too fast so i didn't last the full 20 min straight... bummer. i will improve hopefully.. i'm in training! :) awesome you did 7 miles with a bike buddy!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds amazing :)

Unknown said...

I think you should just break done and join the Garmin club.

Heather C said...

You def need a Garmin!! it's MORE than worth it :) Great run, either way!! and glad you're having fun in FL.

thank you for your comment yesterday! it's definitely been nice to have a few days off and to spend time with the fam. Me and running? we'll get back together soon enough :)

The Laminator said...

Sounds like you've had some great runs, but I agree...a Garmin is definitely in order for you!

The Laminator said...

Yes I have a Garmin...have had one ever since I started running seriously. It's really the only way to train when you're not on a track!

Felice Devine said...

Nice job! I just got my Garmin and REALLY like it so far!

No Longer Using said...

J! your comment made me feel so much better,... i was like YES i can do this it is possible...

well i would like to run the half marathon at a 7:00 pace. my last (and only) half i ran at a 7:09 pace but definitely remember starting out faster and slowing down/having to really push hard to the end.

let me know what you think!!! :) thanks so much :)

X-Country2 said...

Girl, you need a Garmin. It will change your running. :o)

Brian said...

"pretty flat" is an understatement. Where are you? That beach looks deserted. Is the economy really that bad? LOL.

Natalie D said...

So it is humid there too, huh? It is gross here in PA!! Sometimes it is nice not to know the distance but I always need to know it. How bout map my run or gmap?

I Run for Fun said...

Congrats on the blog award...woo hoo!

I think you and I need a Garmin...we're probably the only ones without it!

Emily said...

If you wind up getting a Garmin let me know if you want to help you get a decent discount. I get one through work (Microsoft) and it is pretty significant.

Great job with the runs!

Emily (you can email me@ emilydumphy at Yahoo dot com

SDrunner said...

Great job on the run. Even though I don't have one yet, I would probably recommend the Garmin too, it seems like the obvious choice for everybody. I still rely on gmaps and established running routes..

Glenn Jones said...

Your question about reducing calorie intake is an interesting one. The books say that that is not the case - your body will not slow down. But what happens is that you will become more easily fatigued leading to a reduction in activity level. If that happens without a corresponding reduction in calorie intake, guess what?

I wish I had your will power. Don't eat just becuase I can't log? Pshaw!