Monday, January 12, 2009

Another typical day at the Track

I came, I ran, I lifted, I am now useless!

Warmed up with Abby and then got started on the workout!

6x400m at 65% pace with 2 laps recovery jog after each (times = 92, 95, 91, 90, 90, 90 seconds)

It was nice to run with Abby again, it really has been awhile since we did a hard 400m workout. As I was rounding the last turn into the straightaway I felt this sickening feeling creeping in my stomach and thought

"Is this what it feels like when you are about to throw up from running hard??"

But I didn't throw up, just felt a little funny but after the recovery jog I was all good.

And now I am sitting here, worn out and tired. My homework is hard and I can't figure it out and I just want to get back to my book, Breaking Dawn By Stephenie Meyer. I have about 175 pages left and it is due back to the library tomorrow!!!

Tomorrows goal plan - work hard on all work and get something accomplished!! Maybe I should have made my new years resolution to procrastinate less!

12 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice job with the workout. I just started reading twilight. I like it so far but i'm worried it gets scary. I dont like scary books. :)

Marlene said...

I just finished Breaking Dawn myself! LOVED the whole series. Enjoy the ending. :)

Julianne said...

I have had those moments where I ran so hard, I felt nauseous!! Well, just once, actually... Hehe.
Glad to hear that you *didn't* and get some rest!

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like a great work out! Makes me want to go running right now! Keep up the good work.

No Longer Using said...

ooooooooooh you are on the last book!!!! i'm on the library waiting list for Eclipse and i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! time to rest up and indulge in a great book :)

Marlene said...

Just wanted to answer your question (I also added it to my post): the time limits are 3.5 hrs for the half and 7 hours for the full - plenty of time even if we end up walking most of it! (phew)

Marcy said...

I don't think I've ran that hard since HS Track and Field HAHA. Good for you, chica!

tfh said...

I'm glad you didn't vomit! Sounds like a great workout-- jeez, is that really 65% pace? Fast!

Unknown said...

great workout. I hardly ever have those running to hard moments during the winer months.

Nikemom said...

Love that puke threshold. Means you worked your a$$ off! Go hot mama!!!! :D

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Question: Where did the name "B-Rabbit" come from? Is there a story behind it? Just curious.

Aron said...

ahhhhh you are so close to being done!!! the last section (book 3) of breaking dawn is one of my most favorite parts of the series... yayyyy - enjoy the ending!