THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY!!!
As per Runners Lounge's weekly TIART here is my simple do's and don'ts for running/training plans:
Let me say this first - I have not run a marathon and have only run one tiny half marathon so I have made a modification and this is the college students guide to running:
- forget your running shoes for event/meet/race, etc and then run back to your dorm to get them and almost miss the bus to said event/meet/race!
- pull an all nighter before heading home (to the east coast) from an event/meet/race on the west coast!
- fall off the treadmill and hit your head and get knocked unconscious!
- listen to your body, it usually knows whats up
- sign up for as many events as you can for a track meet
- always have a positive attitude even if you know in 60 seconds you will be in more pain than words can describe!
- pack extra sets of underwear on all trips!
(Above experiences may or may not have happened to this blogger!)
Today's practice was fun but easy; I hit the Cold tub/Ice bath afterward and my legs feel pretty good! I felt bad for the distance girls (I am in the sprinter girls group), they had to do 8-10x 400m sprints with 90 seconds rest! Insane but still I would really like to do that workout cause I am glutton for punishment!
Did I mention that....I am VERY excited for the meet this weekend!!
55 meter hurdles
I think that's about it! I always think of good stuff to post about during practice/running but them once I get home I forget!