Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Foot Pain

I have been having some slight pain in my left ankle (more towards the inside, on the top part of my foot). It really hurt after the meet and I think it might be from my sprinting spikes and from long jumping. It also maybe from the meet plus running a total of 4.23 miles yesterday (plus we also sprint the same way on the track). Today at practice I didn't run the last sprint as it hurt too much. I soaked it in the ice bath in the training room so hopefully it will feel better tomorrow.

Workout -
warm up, resistance training, then 2x55m fly ins*
3x (120m and 150m) @ 90% with one lap walk recovery after each sprint
cool down and then weight lifting

Needless to say that I didn't run at 90%!! We will see what tomorrow holds!



Read on if you want to read my list of favorite things - thanks to Lacey over at Common Objects and Everyday Events for tagging me!

4 Favorite Memories from 2008
First Date with B-Rabbit**, joining the track team, finishing my basketball career, running a half marathon!

4 Favorite Movies that I Saw
Hancock, Sex and the City, Jumper, Iron Man

4 Favorite Foods in 2008
My roommates homemade mac and cheese, cookie dough, Salsa and Chips, and oatmeal (with a cup of coffee)

4 Places I loved in 2008
Every place I went which wasn't many beside home and school!

4 Things I liked in 2008
Running (track and road races), reading lots of books, scrapbooking my whole life, and starting a blog!

4 Things I am looking forward to in 2009
TRACK!!, graduating, running more races, and taking a vacation!


*fly ins are where you build up to your speed and try to hit your max pace when you reach the start line then hold that through the whole distance. We do these to work on speed after doing resistance training.

**B-Rabbit got his nickname from my roommate, who got it from 8 mile the movie, where Eminem has the nickname of B-Rabbit. I don't know how my roommate thought of it but it works for now and that way B-Rabbit has a neat nickname for my blog!!

12 comments:

Chic Runner said...

Yay for graduation and for running 1/2s! :)

Nicole said...

How exciting! Graduating is awesome. I'm gonna get my associates and will graduate in may but after that i dont know where i'm headed!

Sorry to hear about your foot pain, hopefully soaking it helped. I used to have ALOT of pain in my feet from those damn spikes, after while i had to switch to normal running shoes for XC because the spikes didnt give enough support. Take it easy and hopefully it will get better in a few days :)

Aron said...

i am sorry about your foot :( i hope it feels better soon!!

Frayed Laces said...

keep an eye on that pain---if it gets worse try some ice and be smart about it

Marci said...

Take care of the ankle!

Anonymous said...

Neat stuff. You must be so excited about graduating! Hope your foot feels better soon.

Marlene said...

I hope your foot is feeling better today - good idea taking it easy on it yesterday.

Brian said...

Hey, just added your blog to my blogroll, saw Lacie tagged ya. Hope the foot feels better ande I look forward to some good bloggin!

No Longer Using said...

hoooooray for the question game :) btw i LOVE the stars and footnotes! :)

i bet the ice bath will help a ton. my bro (who runs track at bowdoin) just got an MRI and he has "stress" in his shins, not yet a fracture, but he isn't sposed to run more than 2-3 days a week, which is def tough since he's in season. def keep an eye on it!!!

tfh said...

Ha, you're totally my sister in cookie-dough-love. Hope the ankle pain is nothing serious.

Julianne said...

I love how your life revolves around the track! I'll be thinking of you tonight at my track workout. ;-) Also, Devon (the guy who sent me the Roctane stuff) left me this comment on my blog and thought I'd send it to you, too.

"I just want to point out that, while it is a super-charged gel, Roctane and all Gu products conform with NCAA regulations. A list of NCAA banned substances can be found here: http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal

Thanks,
Devon"

Are you gonna go get your foot checked out??

N.D. said...

Fun! Hope your ankle is better!