Sunday, January 11, 2009

Track Meet #2

Good Morning!! The track meet yesterday went GREAT!!

Friday night I was nervous and sorta had trouble falling asleep, and then Saturday morning I woke up before my alarm. I made myself a big breakfast of raisin oatmeal, one egg, a banana, a super big glass of water, and a cup of coffee.

I got to the track at 10am and started warming up. My first three events went by very quickly since there weren't a lot of people at this meet. I was pleased with my times/distances but really was focused on the relay.

Hurdles - 10.7 seconds
Shot - 9.89 meters
Long jump - 4.20 meters

After all these events, all that remained was the 4x4 relay which I was running without Abby or Alison (they were in the 4x200m relay). I started warming up really early because I have realized that I need a longer warm up to get my muscles going for the sprint.

Before I knew it, it was time to go and the first leg was off (a distance runner). She ran very well and stayed right behind the lead girl the whole way. As she rounded the curve onto the final straightaway she sprinted and came in at the same time as the other girl. I had a terrible hand off with her but I got the baton and sprinted into the lead (I could hear my sprinting coach yelling for me to beat her to the curve!) I didn't know how far behind me that other girl was but I just kept thinking "there is no way I am going to let that girl beat me."

After I handed off we had about a 3 second lead (I think) and the other two girls carried it and we won by almost 2 seconds!

The best part of this was that I had the fastest split - 66.41 seconds!! A new PR!! I was ECSTATIC!!! I couldn't believe it - my first lap was 32 seconds (2nd leg 34 seconds) so I know that I need to work on getting my second lap equal to my first.

My head coach pulled me aside with another assistant coach afterward and said "You look like you are in really great shape and a good runner! Keep up the good work!" I had talked to my head coach previously about this race and he had said that he wanted me to be fresh (that's why I didn't run the 800m) so that he could see how I did in it. I am hopeful that I will have a place on the relay team and get to go to the big meets but I will have to wait and see!

B-Rabbit had a swim meet yesterday too and my parents and I stayed to watch it and he did very well! We went out for dinner afterward to Pizzeria Uno and I had one of those deep dish numero uno pizzas. Last night I felt sooo sick when I went to bed (it just came on suddenly) and then my roommates woke me up at 2am (cause they were drunk - no big surprise there!) and I still had a lot of stomach pain. Anyone else had anything like this? The only problems I have ever had when eating after running is with milk/dairy!

Anyway, I am off to watch the girls basketball team play today! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

11 comments:

No Longer Using said...

WOW!!! what an exciting relay, CONGRATS on the fastest split AND PR, holy moly!!!!! time to celebrate :)

Marcy said...

Oh wow! What a great meet, chica! ;D Fabulous job ;-)

Nicole said...

Great job thats an awesome split!

The Laminator said...

Hey! Great race. Congrats on the win and your PR! That's really awesome.

As for your pain, since it comes on after milk/diary, there's a chance it could be a sign of lactose intolerance.

Marci said...

Awesome job!! Congrats on your PR!

Marlene said...

Congratulations on the PR and to your whole team for placing 1st!!!

Hope you feel better!

Amy said...

Great Job!!! Sounds like an exciting day for you.

Hope you're feeling better!

Chic Runner said...

What a great PR! :) Congrats on being so fast. It feels so good to have all your hard work pay off! :) Hope you are feeling better!

Lily on the Road said...

Holy moly, you hurdle?? That is amazing.

Aron said...

AWESOME job!!!! congrats on such a great meet!!

N.D. said...

Great job on the PR!!! Sounds like a nice celebratory dinner, sorry it didn't sit well!