Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Resolutions

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009! This new year came in with a bang as we got another few inches last night and when I woke up this morning it was a nice 0 (ZERO) degrees outside at 8am! I really wanted to go running after being cooped up in the house for over 48 hours since my last running adventure BUT I waited until 11am when it was a warmer 18 degrees!

It was so cold that I just felt like I never warmed up (even though the sun was out). I ran 4.2 miles in 32:52 which just felt like a good pace but I knew that the cold was making me go a little slower. Tomorrow I am headed to the indoor track to do a speed workout and then Saturday I will be running hills again.

For 2008 mileage from March 1st to December 31st I ran 603.42 miles. I would love to have a year where I run 1000 miles but that might have to wait until 2010! hehe! I am content now with decreased mileage for Indoor/Outdoor Track!!

I have a few New Years Resolutions -

1. Start a Gratitude Journal; write down at least one thing I am grateful for each day

2. Encourage my teammates and lead by example

3. Positive thinking/positive attitude

Well that's about it! Hope everyone had a great New Years!!

7 comments:

N.D. said...

I like your resolutions! positive attitude and gratitude are very nice. I want to do that too.

Aron said...

love your resolutions :) happy new year!!!

Marlene said...

Brrrr! Good job getting out there - I know what you mean about feeling like you never warmed up.

Happy New Year!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

I like the fact that these are simple and achievable. It's a great idea to do a gratitude journal. Ultimately, it will probably make the 3rd resolution easier because it tends to be easier to maintain a positive attitude during rough times when we are able to appreciate all that we already have. Cheers!

Nicole said...

I love your resolutions and your positive attitude! Happy New Year!

Felice Devine said...

Ah, gratitude journal. Thank you for reminding me about that. I've been thinking of starting one as well, and it just fell off my radar screen. Well, today I am grateful that you posted about it!

Happy new year.

Unknown said...

awesome resolutions! Happy new year!