Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I hate being sick!

IT WONT STOP SNOWING!

and I trudged to class this morning more miserable than usual because I woke up at 5am with my splitting headache pounding my skull! I trudged right back to my bed after just one hour of class because I couldn't stand to keep my head upright.

Why must I have a stomach virus! I have done nothing wrong - why did I get plagued with 5 days of painful stomach cramping and headaches?? Anyway, I am hoping that tomorrow will be a better day.

Maybe it was from yesterdays workout?

Warmup 5 laps (200m each)
2x600m - first 200m @ 90%, glide 200m, last 200m @90%
1x300m - first 50m all out, 150m in a floating motion, last 100m all out
2x100m all out sprints
and thats where i STOPPED - yes there was more!!
cool down = 1 lap!

What does GLIDE really mean - I just keep running and hope that my arms and legs are working right and I don't fall over and make a fool of myself in front of the whole team!!

I am determined to be better by this weekend as it is our conference Championships Sunday! We have a really good chance of winning (for both the mens and womens teams) and lucky me, I am signed up for 4 events for the meet! It should be a fun day, and then the roommates and I are having a mini Super Bowl party!

I am off to practice now - and by practice I mean I am getting on the bike (with my book otherwise I would be bored) and I am spinning slowly for 30 minutes!

15 comments:

Marlene said...

Get well soon, girl! Take care of yourself and good luck this weekend. Sounds exciting!!

Meg said...

I hope you feel better soon! That sounds like it stinks!!!

Unknown said...

Wow that sickness is sure hanging on the best it can. Hope ou cna shake it soon.

Nicole said...

Well i hope you start to feel better soon! Take care of yourself and have fun this weekend! I can't wait to hear about your meet and your party early next week!! Good luck running!

Anonymous said...

Rest is my only hope with stomach issues.

Anonymous said...

I really hope you start feeling better soon. Hang in there.

No Longer Using said...

man that is a long time to have a stomach virus. you said it was going around the campus? that's awful. what are you reading now? i finished eclipse and breaking dawn this week,... i got eclipse from the library but when i finished it on monday i broke down and bought breaking dawn on tues cuz i couldn't wait a single second!!! hehehe. in the middle of breaking dawn i was kinda sad a little how it played out, but got used to it, and overall it was a great series, it kept me up + reading to say the least!

Marcy said...

Man chica I hope you start feeling on the ups soon! That's no good :-(

tfh said...

Sounds like your body needs a rest. SO frustrating when you disagree with your body about what it needs and it fights back nastily-- hope you beat that virus soon!

Felice Devine said...

Feel better! I hope you are better for the weekend!!

N.D. said...

Ooohh.. hope you feel better. The stabbing headaches are the worst I think. But the stomach issues blah!!

Shanti said...

Sorry you've been sick! I hope you feel better soon. Hope your meet goes great this weekend!

Kim said...

Hope you are feeling better and conference went well!

Joe said...

Feel better soon. There's nothing worse than trying to work out through being sick. So what do you read on the bike?

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.